Sometimes, I wish I was still a kid. You know, back in the day when you didn’t have to worry about anything except whether or not Bobby wanted to “go with you” or whether you should roll your socks or scrunch them?
But, I’m a full-fledged adult now, and I’m learning to revel in the beauty that is maturity. Thus, I bring you my 6 best things about being an adult:
1. I don’t get in trouble with my parents anymore. They can’t ground me. They can sneer at me or shake their finger in my face, but they have no power over me. Booyah!
2. I can go through the Taco Bell drive-thru any time I please. And the moments of scraping coins out of my ash tray praying that I have enough for a bean burrito are few(er) and far(ther) between.
3. I can have boys in my room — with the door shut. Okay, I really only have one boy in my room with the door shut. My husband. Two if you count when the Animal is bouncing on dad’s chest in the mornings to wake him up. Three if you count Dug, the lab-mutt-mix who sneaks in when I’m not looking. You get the point.
4. I’m done with school, and I have my job. Phew. Actually, I’m probably not really done with school. I seem to enjoy torturing myself. Stay tuned.
5. I can stay up as late as I want, be as loud as I want, and wake up whenever I want. Yeah right. This will be true one day. Right now, I have kids who dictate my waking time, and I kind of have to get quieter earlier at night so that I don’t wake them up. But, I’m totally in charge. Totally.
6. Chores are up to me, and I give myself my allowance. And it’s way better than $3 a week. It’s, like, $5 a week. Score!
What are some of the things you love about being an adult? Leave me a comment!
I’m participating in Mama Kat’s Writing Workshop. You should check them out!