6 Worst Things About Being an Adult
2.) A couple weeks ago we talked about the 6 best things about being an adult…this week list the 7 WORST things about being an adult.
Remember when I blogged about how awesome it was to be an adult?
Well, sometimes, it isn’t the greatest thing. I always hear my students talk about how much they wish they were older and out of their parents house. My response? STAY AS LONG AS YOU CAN!
That said, I present the 6 WORST things about being an adult:
1. With each day that passes, something else sags or wrinkles or stops working. No lie. Once upon a time, I was able to eat a gallon of ice cream and have no repercussions. Those days are long gone, my friends.
2. I can’t skip down the street without getting funny looks. Enough said.
3. Sleeping in…what’s that? I don’t remember the last time I slept in past 8. And 8 feels like it’s really late. Once upon a time, I could sleep until noon. I guess once all the kids are old enough, I could try that again…so, 20 more years?
4. I’m expected to know stuff. My daughter thinks I have an answer for everything. Good thing I’m quick to make up believable answers or take us to Google.
5. I have to pay my own bills, and they won’t go away. No matter how much I try to ignore them, they still show up in my mailbox.
6. Birthday parties with princess tiaras and bouncy houses are apparently “uncool” for someone my age. I think we should all insist on theme parties for our 30th, 40th, 50th birthdays (and all those in between). I want goody bags filled with cheap candy and plastic rings, yo.
What would make your list of reasons that it’s not entirely awesome to be an adult? Tell me!
Check out Mama’s Losin’ It!