Mamavation Monday: 4 weeks (or less) to go!
It’s Monday again, which means it’s time for Mamavation Monday.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter yesterday and a relaxing holiday weekend. I took advantage and got myself ahead with things for work while even slipping in a nap! Naps will be a hot commodity soon, so I try to get them where I can. Sadly, this one backfired, and I was restless or awake the rest of the night!
The biggest news right now is that #babyflash is due in less than 4 weeks. I’m getting ridiculously anxious, and I am finding myself wanting ice cream or milk shakes basically all day every day. I do let myself indulge at night when Aaron and I finally find the time to sit and watch some TV.
Yesterday, we celebrated Easter with our family, and I ate way too much. Not sure if it had a hand in my 2 lb gain in the last two weeks – but still feeling pretty great with only a 33 lb gain in 8+ months. I know I keep harping on weight gain and that I should just let myself be pregnant – but I’m sort of competing with myself, and I want post-pregnancy to be as smooth and easy a recovery as it can be. So, I’m pumped that thus far, my weight gain with Flash has been 10lbs less than with the Animal.
Today we had our 36 week check up. Results:
- Flash is footling breech. Niiiice. Doc gave us three choices. Wait and see if he turns on his own. Do an external cephalic version. Have a c-section. I have nothing against people who choose the 2nd two options, but we’re going with option 1 first. I have a call in to my reflexologist-friend, and then Aaron and I will use techniques from SpinningBabies.com to see if we can help little man get himself in the correct position.
- As I said above, I’ve gained only 2 lbs in 2 weeks, but I’m still attributing some of that to the not-so-healthy choices I made yesterday as we celebrated Easter.
- I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead. So, I should be 36 weeks and 2 days. I’m measuring at 38 weeks.
- We were supposed to have an ultrasound to check his growth (because now, ironically, he’s way big even though the SUA would have possibly caused him to be smaller) on April 17th. Due to his current position, doc has had us move it up to the 11th.
- I’m not freaking out – yet.
How was your Easter holiday? If you celebrated, what did you do? If not, how did you spend the weekend?babyflash, mamavation, pregnancy