When you have a baby who is still waking up at night, sleep becomes a precious commodity. I almost went to bed last night knowing that Mamavation Mom finalists were going to be announced somewhere around midnight EST. I was playing Candy Crush, grading my students’ work, surfing Pinterest — anything I could do to keep myself awake.
Around 11:30, I almost couldn’t keep my eyes open. So, I hunkered down in my bed with the sheets over my head and my phone in my hands (the glow of the phone could have made Flash wake up), and I continued to refresh the Mamavation page until I finally saw it: the Mamavation Finalists were announced!
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me so far — most of those have been my Mamavation Sistas. I appreciate you all so much.
Gearing up for the final announcement of the three winners, I’ve decided to show you how serious I am (well, serious about getting my stuff together and being healthy — otherwise, I’m about as goofy and non-serious as they come). Enjoy!
Tonight, the other finalists and I will be on Mamavation TV! Then, next Monday, there will be a Twitter party to announce the 3 winners — and there will be prizes every 4 minutes!! You should definitely join in the fun!
For now, let’s talk victories!!
- I have been shopping several times. I have been down the candy aisle. I have bought none of it. NONE. OF. IT.
- As I went through the hazing for the week, my kids joined in. Husband, too. That’s the point. Leading by example. My daughter LOVES burpees. Crazy, right?
- My boys have overcome (mostly) their awful sniffly colds. We are feeling better!
- Um, I’m a Mamavation Mom finalist!! Say whooot!
- I didn’t gain any weight. Didn’t lose any either. So, we maintained.
Tell me about your victories this week!